Entering its 9th annual Street Store event in 2022, Sageus Strategy + Digital once again provided public relations support for the important Downtown Eastside non-profit organization. As well, throughout the year, we supported other public relations initiatives, including the Cardboard Project, and other story pitches to the media.
Employ to Empower focuses on providing personalized support. Their mission is to empower individuals who face work and social barriers to cultivate community connections through entrepreneurship and self-advocacy opportunities.
Journey with Employ To Empower includes:
- Public Relations: Supported and developed strategy for overall media coverage, compiling multiple press releases and media advisories that were sent out to multiple outlets throughout B.C. for coverage — for press conference, event day, and additional initiatives. The lead-up and day-of for the Street Store saw multiple outlets conduct radio and TV interviews, as well as provide digital coverage on their outlets.
- On-Site Media Relations: Arranged and organized on-site interviews for ETE spokesperson, including coordinating with multiple media outlets (TV, radio, print, and digital) throughout the day.
- Media Training: Provided continual training to the executive director for messaging focus, key speaking points, and overall direction for radio or on-camera interviews.
- Consultation: Provided guidance in all press outreach initiatives to increase awareness, from community outreach opportunities to key messaging development.
- Releases and advisories were sent out to more than 30+ outlets, generating 7 feature stories with an estimated 1,000,000 impressions.
- Three different TV outlets arrived on the event day to conduct multiple interviews, shoot b-roll, and provide coverage for their daily news cycle.
- On-site support for set-up and community coordination throughout the Street Store date.
- More than 10 event listings were submitted to multiple outlets — particularly for the Cardboard Project — appearing on the events section of their website.
January 25, 2023