Having worked with the organization in the past, the 2022 Dragon Boat Festival was the largest return to the False Creek waters since prior to the pandemic. Sageus Strategy + Digital provided overall public relations consultation and guidance, including generating media coverage leading up to and throughout the event.
Journey with Dragon Boat BC includes:
- Public Relations: Supported and developed strategy for overall media coverage, compiling 3 press releases and 2 media advisories that were sent out to multiple outlets throughout B.C. for coverage — for press conference, event day, and additional initiatives.
- Event Day Media Relations: Arranged and organized on-site interviews for Dragon Boat spokesperson, including coordinating with multiple media outlets (TV, radio, print, and digital) throughout the day.
- Press Conference: Coordinated media coverage for pre-event press conference, including photo and video interview opportunities.
- Messaging and Consultation: Provided guidance in all press outreach initiatives to increase awareness, from community outreach opportunities to key messaging development.
- Coverage included about 60 English media articles and hits, 25+ Chinese media pieces, and more than 3,000,000 estimated impressions.
- Press conference, which included politicians, local leaders, and VIP guests to launch the event, had about 10 media outlets in attendance
- Festival Day saw about 8 mainstream media outlets at the event site to provide live coverage, record interviews and b-roll, and hold on-site interviews with spokesperson.
January 25, 2023